Sunday, October 19, 2008

Colin Powell says it all folks . . .



Colin Powell's own words.
"Mr. McCain says that he's a washed up terrorist, but then why do we keep talking about him? And why do we have the robocalls going on around the country trying to suggest that because of this very, very limited relationship that Senator Obama has had with Mr. Ayers, somehow Mr. Obama is tainted. What they're trying to connect him to is some kind of terrorist feelings. And I think that's inappropriate. Now, I understand what politics is all about, I know how you can go after one another and that's good. But I think this goes too far, and I think it has made the McCain campaign look a little narrow. It's not what the American people are looking for."

Powell also spoke passionately against the insinuations by some Republicans that Obama is a Muslim.

"Well, the correct answer is, he is not a Muslim, he's a Christian. He's always been a Christian," he said. "But the really right answer is, what if he is? Is there something wrong with being a Muslim in this country? The answer's no, that's not America. Is there something wrong with some seven-year-old Muslim-American kid believing that he or she could be president? Yet, I have heard senior members of my own party drop the suggestion, 'He's a Muslim and he might be associated terrorists.' This is not the way we should be doing it in America."

1 comment:

BillyRay said...

Great site. I have to say again that it is really nice to meet an aware person. I am glad we finally introduced ourselves. there are only a handful of people with whom I have had really great converse with and now i must add one more. By the way this is Bill. I saw an interesting article on Yahoo about all of the attacks on Obama, It always strikes me as odd that the commentators seem to think that the basic cause of these things just happened out of the blue.

whereas you and I know that the fear of what we do not understand makes us do and say things we might not otherwise. In this case it is the fear of a black man holding the most powerful position in the land and the change it will bring. That has got to scare the pants off a lot of people who either don't want things to change and or are frightened to death of it.
What's really sad is that, that very change will improve their lives. This is going to be like the old "E" ticket ride at Disneyland only much wilder.

Very informative site. I hope it is seen by a lot of people. Positive hopeful themes are not easy to come by these days. Thanks